Test of English for International Communication
For the decisions that matter, the assessment you choose matters
The TOEIC tests are a fair, valid and reliable measure of English language skills used in the workplace. Standardised testing conditions and the design of each test ensures that all test takers are given a fair chance to demonstrate their English skills proficiency. The TOEIC test questions simulate real-life situations that are relevant to daily life and the global workplace, and that can be compared across countries and forms.
The TOEIC tests measure all four English language skills:
- The TOEIC® Listening and Reading test:
Measures proficiency in English reading and listening skills, from beginner to advanced level (A1-C1). A paper-based, multiple-choice test.
- The TOEIC® Speaking and Writing tests:
Measure proficiency in English speaking and writing skills, from beginner to advanced level (A1-C1). Speaking and the Writing tests are online.
- The TOEIC Bridge™ test:
Measures proficiency in English reading and listening skills, from beginner to intermediate level (A1-B1). A paper-based, multiple-choice test.
The TOEIC Preparation Materials and the TOEIC Sample Tests provide test takers with a complete source of information from TOEIC sample questions, TOEIC Speaking practice and TOEIC writing practice to help them familiarise and better prepare for the day of the test. The TOEIC Score Reports and TOEIC certificates provide essential information for both score users and test takers. These reports come along with a CEFR level and a description of the English-language strengths typical of test-takers performing at various score levels.
Internationally distinguished team of Researchers
The TOEIC tests are backed by extensive ETS research in assessment development and English language learning. ETS's ongoing research helps ensure that the TOEIC tests are accurate and relevant to today's changing global workplace, which helps internationally competitive companies hire, place and promote the right candidates.
Qualities that make the TOEIC tests the global standard for assessing English language proficiency in all four skills: listening, reading, speaking and writing. The TOEIC tests accurately measure English proficiency at all levels from Beginner levels, Intermediate levels, to Advanced levels.
Do you know?
- For more than 30 years the TOEIC® test has been the global standard for measuring workplace English-language communication skills.
- The TOEIC tests are used by nearly 14,000 businesses, organisations, and government agencies in 150 countries around the world.
The TOEIC® Tests:
- Help businesses build a more internationally effective workforce
- Give job seekers and employees a competitive advantage
- Enable universities to better prepare students for the international workplace
- Provide accreditation for visa and naturalisation progression