Test of English as a Foreign Language
Support for teachers and students from start to finish
The TOEFL Family of Assessments consists of a series of assessments designed to help institutions test more students at more English language proficiency levels. Whether for admissions or for program placement, advancement and exiting, the TOEFL Family of Assessments provides information you need to help make confident decisions.
The TOEFL® Family of Assessments:
- The TOEFL iBT® test measures proficiency in academic English. Delivered via the Internet, it tests all 4 skills - Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing - at intermediate to advanced levels.
- The TOEFL® ITP tests measure proficiency in academic English reading and listening skills, at intermediate to advanced levels. It is a paper-based multiple-choice test.
- The TOEFL Junior® tests measure proficiency in English reading and listening skills, for middle-school students from ages 11 to 15. The TOEFL Junior Standard test is a paper-based multiple-choice test that measures Reading Comprehension, Listening Comprehension, and Language Form and Meaning. The TOEFL Junior Comprehensive test is a computer-based test that measures Reading Comprehension, Listening Comprehension, Speaking, and Writing.
The key to helping students advance on the path to success lies in the quality of the tools you use to measure their English skills and proficiency levels. The TOEFL Family of Assessments help curriculum designers and teachers recognise and monitor each student’s individual progress. TOEFL scores are an accurate indicator of students’ readiness to communicate effectively and handle academic coursework. The more prepared your students are, the more likely they are to succeed.
Do you know?
TOEFL scores are an accurate indicator of students’ readiness to communicate effectively and handle academic coursework.
The TOEFL® Tests:
- Feature highly reliable measures of English-language proficiency
- Are based on more than 40 years of world-class, scholarly research
- Have the most objective scoring methods
- Incorporate the highest psychometric standards